THIS WEEK: Alexa, Sven, and Van wrap up Kamen Rider V3 (1973). While their opinions are largely positive, the final stretch isn’t without its share of last-minute curveballs. Join them as they explore Yuki and Great Leader’s dynamic; Van’s attempts at logic are met with about the reaction you would expect; we discuss the inherent awfulness of starfish and alternate realities; Shiro Kazami almost definitely failed his semester; and they spoil a poignant moment by pointing out just how shortly it sticks.
Rest in Tahiti, Joji Yuki.
- Kamen Rider V3 (1973) 47-52
- Coelacanth Kid, Thorned Starfish, Vampire Chameleon, Zariganna
- On the pacing of Showa Rider
- Shocker riders! Except worse.
- Extremely festive new years’ parties
- Good cult/bad cult?
- Samurai dramas?
- Vent Infiltrations and vaccuum chamber escape sequence
- Tachibana’s contrived talents
- John Mulaney
- Feelings Beach!
- Pretty-boy close-ups
- The VATAL BULLET
- Far Cry 4
- Shocker’s image and blood libel
- Return Of The Living Dead
- The Pluton Rocket
- Joji Yuki’s “death”
- The Great Leader’s second so-called demise, and final thoughts
- Listener questions: Villain rankings and Rescue Fire
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Ghost – “Con Clavi Con Dio” – Opus Eponymous
- Shoji Meguro – “Reverie” – Persona 4: Original Soundtrack
- Taco – “Puttin’ On The Ritz (by Irving Berlin)” – After Eight
- “Won the Lawsuit! ~ The First Victory (English Court Suite)” – Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Hiroshi Miyauchi – “Fight! Kamen Rider V3”
NEXT WEEK: We return to Kikaider. Properly this time.