THIS WEEK: Abandoned by Alexa at the eleventh hour, Van and Sven make the mistake of examining a Cyborg 009 spinoff, here reimagined as the exploitation film 009-1: The End of the Beginning. Join them as Sven scrambles for anything to talk about but the movie itself; the Metal Gear Solid jokes continue unchecked and unabated; Koichi Sakamoto needs to get more raw potatoes in his diet; Van’s plot predictions end up right for all the wrong reasons; and at long last, Sven finds his hill to die on.
Content warning: This film contains gratuitous blood & gore, non-explicit sex, sexual assault, suicide, and incest.
- 009-1: The End of the Beginning (2013)
- The premise of 009-1
- Koichi Sakamoto
- Dramatis Personae
- Human trafficking, homicide, and titty bars
- Mylene’s story
- Dr. Klein’s inept hostage situation
- The kind of really misogynistic nature of the movie
- PS2 CGI helicopters
- Calling Mylene a “monster”
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Mass Effect
- Fake pool lesbian party
- Swimming pool fight scenes that refuse to do Scarface
- Silent Hill
- The worst scene in the movie
- Chris’s contradictory (and deeply creepy) motives
- Forgotten character development
- Post-credit stingers of no significance
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- RIDER CHIPS – “Fight! Seven Riders!” – Pachinko Kamen Rider: Full Throttle
NEXT WEEK: The end of Kamen Rider V3.