THIS WEEK: After scheduling conflicts, work issues, technical difficulties, and one instance of the plague, Sven and Van have returned from the holidays to begin the final act of Kamen Rider V3. Join them as they discuss the reasoning behind the remake-episodes; monsters being late for their own hijinks; Sven’s dark backstory coming to light, one cult reference at a time; how incredibly gross and terrifying Snail-Man’s premise is; and a reiteration of the counterculture inherent in Rider’s DNA. Note: It has now been 0 episodes since the podcast has had to talk about vore.
- Kamen Rider V3 (1973) 41-46
- Garumazillon, Snail-Man, Sickle-Neck Turtle, Rhino Tank
- Marshal Armor & Riderman
- Remake Episodes!
- The politics of Destron
- Sven’s cult psychology sidebar
- Bat Man remake #2
- Everyone loves Junji Ito body horror
- Tarot trivia
- Joji Yuki’s transformation
- Rider vs Rider throwdowns
- Disability and cyborgs in fiction
- Destron Youth: 100% less brainwashing, 100% more trauma
- Rider showdowns & Yuki’s indoctrination
- A sudden but inevitable betrayal
- N… nakama?
- Obvious traps and stubborn reconciliations
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Hiroshi Miyauchi – “Fight! Kamen Rider V3”
- Masato Shimon, feat. the Columbia Yurikago Children’s Choir – “Run, Hurricane”
NEXT WEEK: Not quite revisiting Cyborg 009.