THIS WEEK: In their continuing coverage of Kamen Rider V3, the Historians move on from the unfortunate Baron Tusk to the nonentity that is Archbishop Wing. This is, sadly, an improvement. Alexa would be rather eating some potate; we cover not one but two of the most iconic 70s Showa rider shitposts; the show starts to get really self-referential; Van desperately tries to cling to reality; Alexa’s references get goofier by the second; and we all have a soft spot for a certain man in gauze (a man in gauze!). Happy Hanukkah, everyone!
The comic “Lone Wolf and Cub” is referenced during this week’s V3 coverage. It is available online and in English from Dark Horse Comics, via Comixology!
- The upcoming Kishiryu Sentai Ryusouger
- Kamen Rider V3 (1973) 36-40
- Flame Condor, Kodama Flying Squirrel, Poison Mothia, Cannibal Banana Plant, Zombie Bat
- Archbishop Tsubasa/Archbishop Wing
- Producer Tohru Hirayama’s notes on Baron Tusk and Archbishop Wing
- History lesson: The Mad Baron
- Vampire priests
- Manos: The Hands of Fate
- Courage The Cowardly Dog
- Tachibana’s special training
- Great Leader: the worst boss
- Tourist attraction trivia
- Operation: Flying Squirrel
- Skeleton discrimination
- Lone Wolf and Cub
- The Venture Bros
- Shiro Kazami’s progressively worse condition
- Throwback episodes!
- Discussing Tachibana’s “tough love”
- Listener questions: Shocker & Destron Discord channels
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- The Kelly Family – “Main Theme” – Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog
- Hiroshi Miyauchi – “Fight! Kamen Rider V3”
- Ichiro Mizuki, feat. the Columbia Yurikago Children’s Choir – “Song of the Kamen Rider Scouts”
NEXT WEEK: Something completely different.