THIS WEEK: Things get goofy with Kamen Rider V3, and we get to see the first Destron commander, Doktor G, in full swing. Sven gets hypertechnical about sci-fi tech; V3 goes for a refreshing dip in the ocean (again, and again, and again); we debate cartoon physics and Destron’s in-house antidotes; we take an awkward visit to Rider Scout Boot Camp; we take an even more uncomfortable detour regarding villains with mental disabilities; and while none of Destron’s plots make a lick of scientific sense… well, the theory is sound.
- Kamen Rider V3 (1973) 19-24
- Blowfish Apache, Guillotine-Saurus, Syringe Spider, Speargun Sealion, Propeller Kabuto, Cockroach Spike
- Chatting about The Magnus Archives
- Destron’s philosophies
- Battering ram tactics
- Electromagnetic barrier physics w/Dr. Sven
- Beach skeletons
- Red Bone Power(tm)
- Cruise ships and MIB
- The return(?) of the Double Riders
- Mind control plots. Oh how we missed you.
- The “SS Device”
- Subterfuge shenanigans
- Artificial gravity chambers
- Maximum irresponsibility
- Folk songs are distressing and creepy worldwide
- Blood-powered cyborgs & origins of vampirism
- Orphan percentiles
- Listener questions: Hypothetical dub VAs
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Hiroshi Miyauchi – “Fight! Kamen Rider V3”
- Ichiro Mizuki feat. the Columbia Yurikago Children’s Choir – “Song of the Kamen Rider Scouts”
NEXT WEEK: A guest returns, as things take a turn for the surreal in Mechanical Violator Hakaider!