THIS WEEK: With Alexa down due to a case of chronic demon possession, it falls to Sven and Van to cover the end of Android Kikaider (1972). As promised, the show ends with a bang… but is it enough? Frustrations begin to mount; Sven’s an absolute donut; minds are boggled and senses befuddled; the finale gets explosive; forty-some episodes later and that goddamned flute gets what’s coming to it; anime is still a mistake; and the hardest part truly was getting the brain out!
- Android Kikaider (1972) 39-43
- Angler Brown, Grasshopper Gray, Red Mine Toad, Hakaider, Skeleton Flying Squirrel
- On the finale sticking the landing
- DARK aping Shocker
- Miscommunication & distrust continue. Yay.
- The Death Whistle
- Android Kikaider‘s pacing
- Archie Comics’ Mega Man
- The worst scene
- Suit & monster designs in this show
- Escalation between Hakaider & Kikaider
- Cowardice as a narrative tool
- Certain overkill
- Saburo’s rebellion and breakdown
- Out-of-suit fights!!!
- Hanpei’s heroic shenanigans
- The restoration of Dr. Komyoji
- The finale
- Wrap-up and final thoughts
- What are we doing next?
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Merv Griffin – “Think!” – Jeopardy
- “Rank E” – Sonic Unleashed
- “Won the Lawsuit! ~ The First Victory (English Court Suite)” – Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Yuuki Hide – “Go Go Kikaider”
NEXT WEEK: Doktor.