THIS WEEK: “Henshin… V3!” With the original series behind them, the crew looks forward to tackling the house built upon Showa Rider’s foundations in Kamen Rider V3! In addition, Great Leader’s death stuck for all of five minutes; Sven is stupefied by Hongo’s fashion choices; we gush over every single monster suit for once; the real Tachibana would never pass up an opportunity to die; we have to explain an old joke; safety has never been LESS guaranteed, and since the day Machinegun-Snake manifested in our houses, we have not known peace.
If you’re interested in Kamen Rider V3, you can purchase the full DVD boxset from Generation Kikaida!
- Kamen Rider V3 (1973) 1-6
- Scissors-Jaguar, Turtle-Bazooka, TV-Fly, Squid-Fire, Machinegun-Snake, Hammer-Jellyfish
- Series introductions, broadcasting minutiae, & dramatis personae
- The origins of Kamen Rider 3
- Sewer crabs!
- Rambo (2008)
- Return of Shocker combatmn
- The responsibility and burden of being a Rider
- Hongo “Galaxy Brain” Takeshi
- It’s not about revenge
- Transformation sequence
- V3’s 26 secrets
- Old Fourze jokes
- Tachibana’s sporting goods store
- On the Cast being competent
- The flamethrower scene
- Amnesia hypno-plots
- Visual storytelling???
- V3’s weakness: GUN
- Telltale’s The Walking Dead
- On the nobility of the common man
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Hiroshi Miyauchi – “Fight! Kamen Rider V3”
- Lebo M – “He Lives In You” – Rhythm of the Pride Lands
- Ichiro Mizuki feat. the Columbia Yurikago Children’s Choir – “Song of the Kamen Rider Scouts”
NEXT WEEK: Kikaider has a plot. Maybe. We think.