THIS WEEK: Alexa straight-up abandons Sven and Van to their fate: Continuing their coverage of Kikaider as they face to reality and realize the show has nosedived. In addition, Van’s brain is melting; Komyoji’s cryptidness has only gotten worse; Hanpei is trying, possibly; there’s pockets fulla monkey’s paws; the last episode in this stretch is really really gross; frustrations with romantic dynamics reach a fever pitch, and Sven would rather have nothing.
- Android Kikaider (1972) 19-24
- King Crab Maroon, Blue Water Scorpion, Purple Rat, White Sawshark, Yellow Antlion Siblings, Pink Armadillo
- The state of Android Kikaider
- Mega Man 11 (!!!)
- Why DARK’s androids look like that (maybe)
- Sci-fi emerald detectors
- Souped-up death-rays for style points
- Private investigator (self-proclaimed): Hanpei’s character drift
- “Skull weed”
- Incompetence (ft. Blue Water Scorpion)
- Dr. Sven on broken bones and civic engineering
- Suit design rants: tails???
- Nonsense villain plots
- Sven rants about music
- Wedding sabotage
- The problem with Mitsuko and Jiro’s relationship
- Non-alphabetical alphabet attack
- Silver Age fake-outs
- The Unnecessarily Sexist Episode
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Yuuki Hide – “Go Go Kikaider” and “Fight! Android Kikaider”
NEXT WEEK: All of Hongo’s skill, all of Hayato’s strength, neither of their smarts! The man, the myth, the legend: Kamen Rider V3!