THIS WEEK: Van and Sven work through begin the middle stretch of Android Kikaider, desperately hoping the show holds its rickety self together. In addition, anti-clown sentiments get brazenly exposed; Sven shares a story about the unluckiest person he’s ever met; Professor Gill wastes his resources worse than Shocker does; we debate the effectiveness of cost-saving measures in tokusatsu, Van’s words are cursed, Sven reaches peak Monarch, and for god’s sake, don’t look at the seams!
- Android Kikaider (1972) 13-18
- Pink Tiger, Silver Tortoise, Golden Bat, Crimson/Rouge Jellyfish, Red Hornet, Black Chameleon
- Yokohama Dreamland
- Jinbei the saddest clown
- Professor Gill: Scraggly Dracula
- Sad android torture
- Spite as a watermark of sapience
- Reused footage!
- The third Komyoji sibling
- Environmentalism and important PSAs
- The marketability of evil
- Marine biology subcorner!
- Acknowledging the dangers in the world
- DEADLY MURDER SMOG (pt 2) (bonus: Joker gas)
- Return of Uratonium(?)
- The last of Toei’s budget
- Jeff Jarret & Legends of the Hidden Temple
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- “Theme Song” – Captain Planet and the Planeteers
- Yuuki Hide – “Go Go Kikaider” and “Fight! Android Kikaider”
NEXT WEEK: It’s been a long time coming, but here we are: The end of 1971’s Kamen Rider.