THIS WEEK: Sven and Van cover for Alexa coming down with a case of haunted lungs, as we see the rest of the first 13 Destructoids. In addition to that, Van conjures up the most hellish image possible; we keep a running tally of dismemberments; Sven’s origins are revealed at gunpoint; Dr. Komyoji is a certified cryptid; there is yet another rant on how extraordinarily dangerous vehicular accidents are, and we figured out the androidmen’s favorite game – bet you can guess!
The amnesiac pianist Van mentions is Clive Wearing. Also mentioned is Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire, if you like spooky hitchhikers.
- Android Kikaider (1972) 7-12
- Blues Kong, Carmine Spider, Red Condor, Scorpion Brown, Gold Wolf, Silver Cat
- Monster Factory & terrible costume designs
- Evil super-scientist procedures
- Kikaider’s diminishing budget
- Return of blood theft (bleft)
- Boy scout trail markings
- Indigo children?
- Killing & stepford-wifing entire villages
- Komyoji’s characterization
- Ｔｈｅｒｍｏｌｕｍｉｎｅｓｃｅｎｔ Ｅｎｅｒｇｙ
- Scientific academia is a goddamn wasteland
- Extremely sad robots ft. Gold Wolf
- Komyoji’s (somewhat) realistic amnesia
- Wine fraud
- Magic robots
- The conscience circuit dilemma & Isaac Asimov
- Spooky girl hitchhikers
- Roundtable on Kikaider’s formula
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- “Rank E” – Sonic Unleashed
- Yuuki Hide – “Go Go Kikaider” and “Fight! Android Kikaider”
NEXT WEEK: We cover the last few throwaway plots before things get serious. Our penultimate coverage of Rider ’71.