THIS WEEK: “Those born of DARK must return to DARK!” Alexa broadcasts in LIVE from MURDER MOUNTAIN (the mountain that murders) as we follow the trail of the mechanical man Jiro, Android Kikaider! In addition, we have an official helicopter sighting; Jiro enjoys backflipping away from fights that he started; we debate the morality of an incomplete conscience circuit; we try out some new voicework; and FOOL! Professor Gill toots as he pleases!
Note: Due to production issues, rather than direct microphone recording, we had to use Discord audio for this week (big thanks to Yahweasel’s Craig bot). That’s why we sound a little different!
- Android Kikaider (1972) 1-6
- Gray Rhino King, Green Mantis, Orange Ant, Blue Buffalo, Yellow Jaguar, Black Horse
- The second Henshin boom
- Dramatis personae
- Sven’s Science Corner: Power-to-weight ratio
- Kikaider’s cinematography
- Double-secret laboratories
- The worst flute
- Return of Hell Valley
- Hanpei Hattori: Ace Detective~!
- Tokusatsu budgets in 1971-1972
- Hanpei vs Taki
- The importance of suit damage
- Androids as replacement children
- Professor Gill as played by The Monarch
- The… science behind DARK’s Death Bomb
- Roundtable: Kikaider vs Kamen Rider 1971
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Yuuki Hide – “Go Go Kikaider” and “Fight! Android Kikaider”
NEXT WEEK: The advent of Gel-Shocker.