THIS WEEK: Shocker is dismantled and gone forever! Or are they??? (Spoiler: No they’re not.) Van and Sven talk about the end of Ambassador Hell’s arc as the show revisits some older concepts. In addition, our tabletop past briefly comes to haunt us; the show briefly remembers Hongo’s actual occupation; eight-year-olds go around unsupervised; one of Taki’s disguises actually works, and do you remember what today is, Jack?
- Kamen Rider (1971) 74-79
- Shiracuras, Roseranga, Seadragon Trio, Newtgeth, Urchindogma, Ganikomol, Rattler/Garagaranda
- The Boys’ Rider Squad
- Blood theft (bleft)
- Goro vs Naoki & Mitsuru as supporting cast
- Monster design tangents
- Metal Gear Solid 2
- Terrible parenting in the Rider Squad
- Kunisada Chuuji reborn!!
- Shocker’s growing bodycount
- Sven’s continual mispronunciations
- Tachibana’s bad luck
- The fundamental ineffectiveness of Urchindogma
- Rattler’s costume
- The Worst Plan Ever(tm)
- Foley work
- Double-crossings and counter-ruses
- The Shocker Commanders, ranked and reviewed
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Quincy Jones – “Ironside (excerpt)” – Kill Bill Vol. 1 Original Soundtrack
- Masato Shimon – “Let’s Go!! Rider Kick” and “Kamen Rider No Uta”
NEXT WEEK: Guitars, pan flutes, and… ninja detectives? The beginning of Android Kikaider!