THIS WEEK: The historians finally get what they’ve wanted for fifty-some episodes: More of Hongo Takeshi being a shitter. Oh, and the show’s classic iconography has finally come together, that too. In addition, we review the first (technically second) film in the franchise; we’re treated to a myriad of callbacks; Hayato and Hongo finally synchronize their respective ideas of what a “clever scheme” means; casual reminder that 1971’s villainous organization is literally nazis; we very much regret both our words and deeds; wild speculation on the nature of the rotating circle of female characters; and Taki, for the last time, YOU’RE MARRIED.
- Kamen Rider (1971) 52-56 & Kamen Rider vs. Shocker
- Zanjio, Birdmn, Jaguarmn, Sea Serpentmn, Cockroachmn, Gireera
- The various types of deadly Shocker foam
- The various types of wildly-abusable scientific inventions
- Dr. Lucha Combatman
- Old favorites! More costume minutiae! SPECIAL EFFECTS!
- Hell Valley (a real scenic location in Japan)
- ALL. THE. WARRIORS.
- Return of bike porn
- Crow Facts(TM)
- “Shocker HATES him!”
- Hinamizawa Syndrome
- Hongo’s iconic transformation pose and “New 1” design
- AMBASSADOR HELL
- Sleep-inducing rural-village spooky-monster episode (redux)
- “FOX… DIE!”
- Taki is a toddler
- Reset the clock!
- The definition of insanity
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Masato Shimon – “Let’s Go! Rider Kick!”, “Rider Action”, and “Kamen Rider no Uta”
- Shunsuke Kikuchi – “The Warrior Leaves” – Kamen Rider BGM Collection
NEXT WEEK: Some long-awaited backstory for Professor Gilmore.