THIS WEEK: After a rocky start to season 2, Cyborg Soldier finally finds its feet. In addition, the historians tackle the differences between their least-favorite writers, 009 is so very done with his cyborg uncles; 004 is the least okay he’s ever been in his life; Van should not be trusted with shapeshifting powers; Joe Shimamura has an extended visit to the Speed Force and does not like it; Sven will not tolerate slander about 1999’s The Mummy; 003 gets her short time in the action spotlight; and if you’re being written by Toshiki Inoue, blink twice!
The animorphs podcast Van mentions in this episode is Morph Club, hosted by Megan Brennan and Carey Pietsch (@morphclubcast on Twitter). Check it out!
- Toshiki Inoue and Shoji Yonemura
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) S2E5-S2E8
- Listener corrections
- Monster Island’s doctors & flora and fauna
- Still trying to make sense of Pyunma’s powerset
- 002’s pragmatism vs. his behavior in “Little Visitors”
- Damn, 004, you live like this?
- Royalty-free thunderclaps & animation quality
- Gilmore & Heinrich in the bad old days
- TOKI WO TOMARE
- Van has been jittering in anticipation for “Frozen Time” for months
- [deranged cackling meltdown]
- LISTENER PARTICIPATION YAAAAY
- BETRAYAL, LIVE ON PODCAST
- Shocker plots…?
- 003 gets to do the hero thing
- Missed opportunities (relationship dynamics edition)
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Merv Griffin – “Think!” – Jeopardy
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: The boys are back in town.