THIS WEEK: The Historians put the focus on “strangeness” of their mission statement with this stretch of Rider ’71. In addition, we are treated to a myriad of extremely stupid callbacks; someone’s been playing too much Monster Hunter; Taki is a jealous boyfriend; Shocker’s running out of warm bodies for their evil science; unicorns aren’t real; Sven wants to push The Rider’s New Groove; and Dr. Shinigami has a PhD in ABJECT WIZARDRY.
- Kamen Rider (1971) 46-51
- Bearconger, Sealgiller, Leechguerilla, Sea Anemone, Turtlestone, Unicornos
- Sven has complaints about Shocker plot naming schemes
- BearConger is stymied by a six year old
- Villain PTA meetings
- Return of the revenge of the reckoning of dog hearing
- Recycled toku locations: then & now
- Hayato’s (poor) survival skills
- Sven doesn’t like leeches
- The Vore Episode(tm)
- Gay Cowboy Hongo Takeshi
- “Citation needed.” “We are the citation! That’s the problem!”
- Russian taunts
- Special effects!!!
- Tachibana’s character & encouraging Hayato’s recklessness
- Fossilized unicorn blood transplants
- Petrified Medjeds
- How hard Hayato’s getting his ass kicked
- The escalation of Shocker’s machinations
- Driving safety with Van
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Masato Shimon – “Let’s Go! Rider Kick!” and “Kamen Rider no Uta”
NEXT WEEK: WHY THE SPEED FORCE IS BAD.