THIS WEEK: Sven and Van must recap the Mythos arc having lost the chief thing keeping this podcast anywhere near focused – Alexa. In addition, Greek Gods were apparently really fond of Tetsujin 28; Sven’s Japanese is very, very rusty; Dr. Gaia is a crazy person even by the standards of Black Ghost, goth eyeliner is indistinguishable from Evil Brainwashing eyeliner; Joe finally gets a chance to show his actual character; Van blames the baby; and our favorite hero is Extreme Depression Man.
- Alexa is definitely probably not kidnapped by Shocker. We hope.
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 22-25
- A brief summary of the Mythos Arc
- Translations and some parallels between Greek mythology and Japanese beliefs
- Time to kill God: belief Systems and Greek gods are petulant children
- Spoilers: This is a Black Ghost plot
- Dr. Uranus, Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Adaptation
- Classical Heroes vs Ishinomori’s Heroes
- Anime-specific differences
- Accelerators are perhaps a bit dangerous
- We’re pretty sure Dr. Gaia doesn’t know how humans work, let alone cyborgs
- The Big Mythos Fight: my cyborgs can beat up your cyborgs
- Once again, Sven still can’t pronounce things
- Great googly moogly, it’s all gone to shit
- Did we mention this aired on 6:30 on a Sunday night, you know, for kids
- Ishinomori’s circumstances, and why he wrote the way he does
- How the backgrounds of all the 00 Cyborgs piece together
- Why is Shocker called Shocker?
- Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Colonel Zol fucking dies.