THIS WEEK: Oh, Cyborg Soldier isn’t over yet. Well, maybe it’s just a slice-of-life anime from now on? The cyborgs take a much-needed sabbatical, while the crew discusses how trusted word-of-mouth is everything for a struggling venture which in no way mirrors real-life scenarios. In addition, Jet passes on his legacy as the big hero guy to the next generation; Chang has never heard the word “delegation” in his life; Sven will fight every author who has won a Newbury Medal; we take a trip to the Lost World while Joe has no idea what dinosaurs are; and the enemy, as always, is capitalism.
- Van read Devilman Lady and died
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 18-21
- 005’s much-needed time in the sun
- [momentary break for shilling]
- Love Actually
- 002, the Indestructible Cyborg!
- Jet’s backstory in the manga vs. the 2001 anime
- Public recognition (or lack thereof) of Ishinomori heroes
- Young adult literature, or, Joe can’t have nice things
- Dog Firestarter
- Feelings Weather™
- Jurassic Park
- Sven still can’t pronounce things
- Babies are not doctors
- The scientific accuracy of ninja laser dinosaurs
- Dr. Ross, baby boomers & adapting to a new world
- Our distaste of dubtitles reaches a fever pitch
- The beginning of the Mythos Arc
- Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Craig Armstrong – Love Actually The Original Soundtrack – “PM’s Love Theme”
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Mountain-based powerups and James Bond villains.