THIS WEEK: We hope you’ve all had a good holiday season! 003 sure didn’t. We follow the 00 cyborgs on their once-in-a-lifetime round-the-world trip; there are multiple reminders to never do contract work for Black Ghost; the team gets increasingly salty over translation foibles and fight over who gets to punch Ishinomori’s ghost; Black Ghost has a thing about aquatic animals; we are all 007; we dig into Françoise and G.B.’s backstories; and apparently people don’t know how to write Native Americans in the year two thousand and goddamn one.
- Clarification of the cyborgs’ physical ages
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 9-13
- Black Ghost is having a bad fiscal year
- Dr. Berg is a reject character from Girl Genius
- The Dragon Triangle
- Sven hits the doubt.jpg jackpot
- Aurora Borealis? At this time of year?
- is it too late to start a “shut up, Jet” counter
- Professor Findol invented the Shagohod
- Moral condemnation of arms dealers
- [sound of Françoise dissociating at light speed]
- Ishinomori hates parents like Araki hates dogs
- Going home is horrible and you should never do it
- Scarecrow is the only shining light in “Mystical Island”
- 005’s characterization and depiction
- Venti London Fog
- G.B.’s beautiful locks
- BEE BOMBS
- Analyzing G.B.’s chauvinism and his motivations compared to the play-within-the-show
- Please god someone do a retranslation of this anime save us
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Hayato Ichimonji’s backstory, and filling in some plot holes.