THIS WEEK: This show is DEFINITELY SUPER FUN and not at all exploring heavy themes possibly unfit for children; Skull’s TED Talk goes very poorly; no one remembered to animate the baby AGAIN; Sven’s memory of Simpsons’ jokes is literally nonexistent; Alexa would kill a man to live in a spooky gothic mansion in the woods; nothing good happens in churches or orphanages; even for 2001 this show can’t shake its ’60s roots; Alexa has never seen Shark Tank but you’d never know it with her pitch; Sven stops Alexa from ruining one of the best parts of a future episode; and this has got to be the work of an enemy Stand.
We talk about a depiction of suicide in this episode. It runs from 1:48:46 to 1:51:06 for those who need to skip that.
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 5-8
- Episode 4 Addenda
- Dramatis Personae: A Quick Recap
- No one is actually good at coping in this show
- ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
- Albert Heinrich Is Literally More Metal Than You
- 009 and Ishinomori’s love of tragic heroes
- If Alexa stops making Homestar Runner jokes for even a minute, she will die
- Joe’s vehicular knowledge comes from Tokyo Drift and nothing else
- Spooky mansion episode with a spooky lady with spooky eyes
- We have to kinkshame GB
- Black Ghost’s R&D crew is on some REALLY good shit
- Cyborg ga Gotoku
- There is not a single legit orphanage in all of Japanese media
- IT’S DOCTAH WAHWEE
- The evil organization is always responsible, always
- Attack of the GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING
- We have to talk about KKK hoods for a hot second
- Big Evil Guy Trade Show
- Van’s still mad about nukequakes
- The Dolphin is rad as fuck
- Joe you are the WORST babysitter
- The State Of Evil In The World Of Cyborg 009
- Joke Time Is Over Now
- What Did We Learn?
- Non-Riders who are part of the Rider Canon
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- “Omen” – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders OST
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Back to Kamen Rider! Introducing… a new friend, with 100% less broken legs!