THIS WEEK: We start upgrading our equipment; the Ishinomori operating table returns; we debate the ethics of punching jerk intelligent robot psychic babies; Alexa doesn’t phrase something very well; this show runs on video game logic, and it looks like we’re gonna have to jump.
- Sven has several questions
- Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 1-4
- Some Skullm’n addenda
- Introduction to Cyborg 009, its history and adaptations
- 008’s original design was super racist and bad
- Dramatis personae
- When you’re a jet you’re a jet all the way
- Nobody remembered to animate the baby
- Joe Shimamura’s Extremely No-Good Very Bad Day
- SUPER. HOT.
- No, it’s cool, Black Ghost has plenty of money
- Cartoon bomb physics and you
- How many robots can you punch in the frozen time?
- Only trust your fists, police will never help you
- Ishinomori villains and systemic evils
- We really like Doctor Doom
- Load-bearing holograms
- Initial D is all the eurobeat you need
- Protag Brooding 101
- Cyborg 0010 Plus and Minus
- Fidget spinner drones to draw that teen demographic
- The biggest cowarding out
- Smash cut to Naruto runs
- This series is darker than we remembered
- “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen”- Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
- Globe – “What’s the Justice?” and “Genesis of Next”
- Tetsuya Komuro, Akifumi Tada, Hayato Matsuo – Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier OST
- Dave Rodgers – “Deja Vu”
- Tokyo Meistersinger – “Cyborg 009 no Uta”
- Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Kamen Rider begins!